Water

This is a project on the water cycle I did for school.

In the 2,014 years I have lived, I should tell you about the most horrible week I have ever experienced 2 years ago.

Cycle 1

I was a drop of salt water. Swish! My friends and I were bouncing in the waves of the ocean. The sun came out from behind the clouds. Suddenly, some of my friends and I evaporated. Leaving our salt behind, we rose up right into Hurricane Sandy. There, we condensed on pieces of dust. The strong winds of the hurricane made us bump into each other. “Ouch!” we said as we jerked into each other forcefully. Eventually, the harsh winds let us go. Plink! We landed onto a black marble roof. The 125 M.P.H. winds finally died after two hours and we rolled off the roof. We became runoff and flowed into Long Island Sound. Ahhh...

Cycle 2

We evaporated from the body of water the next day. "Wow, I would like to be hail" we thought as we passed by some hail falling to the Earth. Some of my unfortunate friends condensed before we went to the cirrus clouds. Brr, we thought when we reached the cirrus clouds. It’s cold here. We froze into ice crystals. As we fell down, all of my friends but me melted. I crashed into them and I got a thick coating of water. The wind carried us back up and my friends froze on me. I was so heavy that fell down to the Earth. Plop! We fell right into the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. There, we melted. Eventually, we sunk all the way to the bottom. We became groundwater. As we soaked through the ground, we were pulled into the Hudson River.

Cycle 3

From the river, we evaporated. Unfortunately, there was a warm front over us. We condensed right in the low-lying stratus clouds! Again, we bumped into each other and became too heavy for the air to hold. Clonk! We landed right on the windshield of a green car! We slipped off and landed on the dirt. We soaked into the ground. Kshee! We got pumped up the surface. We took a bend and went to a water purification plant. Then, we went to the P.S. 188Q water fountain. The person who was drinking missed us, and therefore we went down the drain. We went to another purification plant and were released into the Atlantic Ocean.

Cycle 4

From the ocean, we evaporated. Instead of going to the west, the wind blew us to the east. “Brrr! It's cold here,” we said as we turned into snow. Some of my friends condensed to rain, but they became sleet later on. I went onto Mt. Everest and froze to ice. However, my friends went on a different mountain. Ugh! After six hours, the sun came out and melted me. I became runoff, but a tree's roots absorbed me. I went to the leaves of the oak tree.

Cycle 5


Through transpiration, I evaporated back into the air. “Here we go again!” I thought as I evaporated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want A Pet?

George Washington

March 25, 2015 A Google a Day