George Washington

George Washington  

When I think about what a person I admire was like, I think of a brave, determined, loyal, hardworking, or important person. One of the people I admire the most was George Washington. He was a great leader, and he was courageous, determined, and loyal. He affects my life in several ways.

Washington was a great leader because he led the United States to independence. He controlled a huge army and led them to victory, despite the fact that it was huge. Another reason he was a great leader was that after the war, he governed the whole United States as president. He was so excellent that everyone wanted him to serve three terms, even though he only wanted to serve two.

Washington was also courageous, determined, and loyal. He wasn’t afraid to go to war. He even tried to fight a country stronger than America! Another reason he had those character traits was that even though at first the U.S. was losing the Revolutionary War, Washington didn’t give up and continued to fight. His stubbornness helped him and the United States win the war! Finally, Washington didn’t give up and become a Loyalist. He was a Patriot during the war and remained as one the rest of his whole life.

          Washington has a large impact on my life. For example, he led America to independence and freedom. If it wasn’t for that, we would still be under British rule. Washington also governed the U.S. for eight years. During those eight years, he shaped America to a unified, fair, and free country. Finally, he set up a good model for everyone; he never gave up while fighting, and he always aimed higher. Because of this, he could endure and overcome many challenges such as surprise attacks from France and Britain and rough terrain.

          George Washington was a commendable person because he was an exceptional leader and had important life skills. His characteristics and skills are important to me because he led my country to independence. I would like to be like him and be courageous, determined, and loyal so that I can protect people and become a role model.
George Washington prayed for the future of the U.S.A. at Valley Forge during the harsh winter of 1778. I visited Valley Forge with my parents.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want A Pet?

March 25, 2015 A Google a Day