Place of Solace

Place of Solace

          Recently, I was working on an important science project on the computer in my living room. The project took me quite a long time to work on, and I was feeling really good because I was almost finished with it. I had to take a break to go to the bathroom. My mom was cooking, so she didn’t see what my 5-year-old sister Grace was doing. When I came back, I found out that my sister walked to the computer and completely messed up my project. I felt like I wasted so much time and work for nothing at all! She typed in random characters everywhere to ruin the autosaved Word document, and then closed the file without saving it. She even corrupted the original file, which is almost impossible to do! Since I didn’t know about it, I opened the original Word document, which was partially incomplete. Next, I opened the Excel spreadsheet in the Word file, but it went back to a period where it was even less complete. I then clicked the autosaved file, but it was hopeless. I couldn’t even press the “undo” button to reverse it!

          I became really furious to a point where it was like a person who was cheated out of tons of money. I wanted to hit my sister extremely hard. Since my mom would never let me, I yelled at her saying that I would ruin her project when she had to do her own. I stormed up to my room, and I released my rage there by slamming the door and hitting random objects. About 10 minutes later, I calmed down and came downstairs again. I had no choice but to start my project from scratch.

          Many times, I calmed down in my bedroom when someone really got on my nerves. I like my bedroom, which I had for a little over two years. As a result, it offers me familiarity and privacy. Since I know where I put everything in the room, I find things easier. Another reason I like my bedroom is that I have a lot of privacy there. The best part about my bedroom is its location, which is on the second floor of my house. I can be alone if I wanted to because most of my family members stay downstairs; no one will spy on what I’m doing. In addition, my bedroom provides a good view of the area behind my house. My garden has a lot of vegetation and I can see a little bit more over the other houses’ rooftops. Lastly, the bedroom takes up the entire second floor, so it’s very spacious. Thus, I there is a lot of space to do what both my sister and I want.

          All in all, I feel that my bedroom is one of my favorite places to be in all the time; it makes me feel comfortable, safe, and secure. It also reminds me of the good times, like when I have playdates with my friends. I’m going to use and care for my room for a long time, and it’s always going to have a special place in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want A Pet?

George Washington

March 25, 2015 A Google a Day