What’s Your Sport?

What’s Your Sport?

     I have many favorite sports, but one of my favorites is kickball. Kickball is a sport similar to baseball, except that there are no specific “spots” or equipment, and an inflated rubber ball is kicked. Kickball is fun, makes me feel better, and a great way to get exercise.
     Every time my friends or classmates play kickball with me, I feel jubilated. I feel excited on the field. When I wait for my turn to come up, I cheer for the runner. When I kick the ball, everybody on my team gets their hopes up that I will kick the ball hard, far, and good. As I sprint toward first base, I hear everybody cheering for me to get a home run or at least a single. If I go back to home base, everybody is glad I got another run. Even out in the field, I feel encouraged to play. When I pitch the ball well, I feel good because I didn’t get a penalty for my team. If I catch a fly ball or tag a runner out, I get cheers from my team. When a teammate gets an out, we all reward him. I feel glad when I play kickball with buddies.
     Playing kickball also reminds me of the happy times. Every time I wait in line for my turn, I remember playing with my relatives in South Korea last summer. When I kick the ball as hard as I can, I imagine myself playing in 4th grade during recess. As I run around the diamond, I think about playing in physical education in 3rd grade. As my team members switch to the field area, I am reminded of how I played with my friend Eliot in a park. As all the innings pass by, I recall playing in the Great Lawn (the private park of an apartment complex) with my best friend Joshua. When the game ends, I recollect playing with a bouncy ball by myself. I like to remember all of the good times I had with my friends while playing kickball.
     I also feel physically better after I have a game of kickball. As I wait in line, I anticipate my turn. Every time I kick the ball and sprint towards you, I exercise my legs. When I avoid the ball, I use my flexibility and strategic skills. Finally, when I pitch the ball and catch it, I feel like I am stretching and exercising my arms, legs, and trunk. Since it exercises most parts of the body, it is a good way to exercise.

     Therefore, I love playing kickball because it is fun, reminds me of the good times, and is an excellent way to exercise. When I think about kickball, all of my memories of playing with my friends come rushing back. I then hope I can play kickball often.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want A Pet?

George Washington

The Y2K “Catastrophe” and My Fear