My Dream Invention

My Dream Invention

      If I were able to invent anything I wanted, I would make a machine to find lost belongings because I frequently lose my possessions. If everything I have lost were gathered in one place, it would probably fill up a large table!
         I love to watch movies. After finishing my big load of homework, I like to sit back and relax on my big comfy chair in my room and watch a movie.  One day last summer, I went to the Stop and Shop supermarket with my mom and asked her to rent a DVD from the Redbox machine. I also wanted to pick up a few snacks and a cake to eat while watching the movie.
For the cake, I searched for the perfect chocolate cake — the one with two or three soft chocolate layers stuck together with creamy chocolate cream, covered with rich chocolate frosting glazed with chocolate syrup, and sprinkled with chocolate pieces. I was dazed by the various choices of chocolate cakes available. To compare the different cakes, I had to use both of my hands so I put the DVD on the cake shelf. I finally found the cake with the most chocolate. I thought, “This chocolate cake will be so delicious. I want to devour it!!!”
          Afterwards, I looked for the DVD on the shelf, but it was not there! I was surprised, and worse, the thought of my mom being furious made my body stiffen like a concrete statue. That same summer, I lost my bag at Kent Prep, the summer program I was attending, and my mom got very mad at me. At the time, I felt like a zebra being chased by a lion. Right there and then, it was as if I became a zebra again. Therefore, I pretended that I did not lose the DVD and tried my best to find it. I went back to the Redbox machine, as well as all the aisles that I passed through, and looked in the shopping cart. I could not believe that it was nowhere to be found. I convinced myself that I left it on the cake shelf. Desperate, I asked for help from a customer service representative. However, he was not notified about it and thus could not help much.
         It was time to reveal the truth to my mom the lion. When I told her that I lost the DVD, she looked like she just met her worst enemy and shouted, “You lost something AGAIN?!!!” She was furious but hurried to ask the customers near the bakery department. No luck. We spent an additional 30 minutes looking for the DVD before we finally gave up. We asked the customer service representative to give us a call if the DVD was found.
          We returned home and my mom called Redbox to find out the policy for lost DVDs. I had saved $90 in my wallet and I was hoping that the penalty was not too high for me to take care it. Unfortunately, we were informed that the Redbox will continue to charge us for 28 days! I was so shocked because if the DVD was not found, I had to pay $33.60, which was more than a third of my savings. Fortunately, I did not have to pay but my parents did. I was hoping that an honest person would return it but my wish did not come true. Needless to say, I had to suffer for 28 days from my mom. For 28 days, I was a zebra in the middle of a large pride’s hunting field, forced to constantly look for a shelter to hide.
          Thus, I would like to invent a machine, which I will call the “Tracker,” to bring back not only my DVD but everything I have lost so far. It would make me elated. The Tracker would be able to place down my “digital fingerprint” as soon as it is in my hand and track down the location of the item through the digital fingerprint. It would be small and portable like a watch or a ring. I hope to actually make this invention someday so that I no longer have to be a weak, trapped zebra in front of a starving lion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want A Pet?

George Washington

The Y2K “Catastrophe” and My Fear