Loser

Loser

Have you ever lost something very valuable to you? Unfortunately, I have lost many things, including something that I considered “priceless to me”. It was worth almost $100, and what’s more, it was my life savings. That day was horrible, especially when my mom said I did not care at all about it.
One day, out of the blue, my mom told me that we were going to the shopping mall. I asked if I could buy whatever I wanted. My mom said that I could, as long as I pay for it with my own money. I was overjoyed! I absentmindedly put my whole life savings in the front pocket of my school bag and walked with my parents in the subway. I kept a good eye on my money.
Very soon, we got to our destination. “63rd Drive, Rego Park. Transfer is available to the – M – and – R – lines. The next stop is 67th Street,” the artificial voice on the loudspeaker said. We hurried up the escalators and ran to the mall. As we browsed around, my mom bought many things. I looked for interesting things at Sears, some cool but cheap clothes from Marshalls, and fun toys at K-Mart. To my great disappointment, I could not find anything I really wanted. I left the shopping mall feeling let down.
As we went down the subway station with our new purchases, I wondered why I brought all of my savings instead of just some of it. How could I bring all of my savings? Shouldn’t I have just brought part of it? What if I lose it somehow? Then again, my mom forced me to rush out of the house. With these thoughts in mind, my family went in a subway car and started our way home. Soon, when we were halfway through, my mom asked me where my money was. Of course, my money was in my bag. I opened my front bag and felt nothing. Wait, did I check in the right pocket? I looked in all of the other pockets, but it was not there. Am I feeling wrong? No, I’m right. But wait! I lost my LIFE SAVINGS? When I told my mom, she looked furious. “You lost something AGAIN? And it is your LIFE SAVINGS? How could you? Did it just grow legs and run away?” She said she would punish me right on the spot. I know! How did it just disappear? How could it have been stolen or it dropped out? Who would do such a thing? I was extremely disheartened. I wanted to go sit in a corner and disappear.
To sum this all up, the day I lost something valuable was the horrible day I lost my money. I hope that I will not lose something like that again. Why do I have this suspicion that my mom did something to my 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want A Pet?

George Washington

The Y2K “Catastrophe” and My Fear