My Favorite Food

My Favorite Food

          One of my favorite foods is “galbi”(갈비), a Korean barbequed short ribs. I like it because it is very healthy, delicious, and memorable.
          Galbi is very healthy because it uses many good ingredients such as lean meat, garlic, kiwi, and Korean soy sauce. In these ingredients, there are low amounts of fat, calories, and sodium. There are also many nutrients and antioxidants, including calcium, Vitamin B6, and Vitamin C. There is a chemical that eliminates hunger, which can help with weight loss.
          Galbi is very delicious. When it is put on the grill, the sizzling sound and the scrumptious smell tempt me to eat it right away. A pang of deliciousness fills my mouth as soon as I put it. I like it so much that I can eat a lot of it until I’m full.
          To me, galbi is memorable. I went to South Korea two months ago for the first time in over nine years. There, I ate galbi with my relatives at my uncle’s house. His family made some of it and we all ate together. It was an unforgettable time because it was my first true memory about Korea. Besides in Korea, back home I ate galbi with some of my friends when we went camping or had playdates. Eating galbi reminds me of my relatives and friends because I ate it many times with them.
          Galbi is a healthy and delicious food. It will always be one of my favorite foods. I also think it will be a favorite food among other Koreans and non-Koreans for many years to come. In addition, it has taught me an important lesson: too much of a good thing is bad. When I ate too much galbi, the doctor said my cholesterol levels became too high and I had to stop eating it for a while. Thus, galbi is always going to have a special place in my heart.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Want A Pet?

George Washington

The Y2K “Catastrophe” and My Fear